It costs as much as many of the current Android flagships. But in the Appleverse, it is the one you get if you are on the budget. And the maker made sure you will want to get it.
- Tougher and water resistant design, glossy back.
- The screen has excellent brightness and contrast.
- Apple A13 Bionic is the fastest smartphone chip on the planet.
- Excellent battery life, fast charging support.
- Stereo speakers with great quality.
- iOS provides smooth user experience.
- The main camera produces very good photos, Night Mode works as advertised.
- Amazing video quality and stabilization across the board.
- Excellent selfie photo and video quality.
- The calibration between the two snappers is excellent and allows for Crop Outside Frame, simultaneous video capturing, and smooth switching during recording.
- The notch is still enormous, and so are the bezels.
- A higher resolution screen would have made it more competitive.
- Comes bundled with a meager 5W charger in the box.
- No 3.5mm jack, and limited NFC implementation.
- The file management and file transfer in iOS is unnecessarily complicated.
- The camera photos come out bland.
- Ultra-wide camera lacks autofocus and Night Mode.
- We miss the zooming by telephoto camera.
- It's a cheap iPhone, but it's an expensive phone.
Similar Product Price Comparisonback to menu ↑
|Storage Capacity||64 GB|
|Features||Dust-Resistant, Facial Recognition, Wide-Angle Camera, Fast Wireless Charging, Ultra Wide-Angle Camera, OLED Display, Water-Resistant, HDR Display, Triple Rear Camera, Fast Charging, Telephoto Lens, Super Retina Xdr Display, eSIM, 4K Video Recording|
|Model Number||A2160 (CDMA + GSM)|
|Screen Size||5.8 in|
|Connectivity||Lightning, Bluetooth, 4G, NFC, Wi-Fi|
|Camera Resolution||12.0 MP|
Question and Answers
A13 Bionic processor with 64-bit architecture and third-gen Neural Engine
U1 chip for spatial awareness
All‑new triple‑camera system including:
Wide + ultra-wide + telephoto lenses
Portrait Mode with Depth Control for humans, pets and objects (previously humans only)
QuickTake video recording shortcut
6 Portrait Lighting effects (previously only 3)
Next-gen Smart HDR
12MP front facing TrueDepth camera including slo-mo video at 120fps (slofie)
WiFi 6 aka 802.11ax
Dolby Atmos sound
The toughest glass in a smartphone
Water resistant to twice the depth (iPhone 11 Pro is water resistant up to 4 meters for up to 30 minutes — quadruple the depth of iPhone XR)
Better battery life
Yes, if you look closely it’s a little brighter, but it’s a very small thing.